To start Agility training, we require that your dog:
1. Must be 12 months of age. Between the age of 12-18 months, dogs are still growing so there will be restrictions on the jump heights.
2. Must have completed a Basic Dog Training Course.
Agility is for all size dogs and all breeds (including mixed breeds). We endorse positive reinforcement training methods with Agility training, using treats for rewards and toys for motivation, focus and play!
Here is a link to a video of an idea of the things we do in foundation training class
Monday nights 6.00pm. This is the first stage, designed for dogs just starting out and introduces jumps, tunnels, cone/ground work, with the emphasis on play, control and focus.
Monday nights 6.00pm. Follow on from the Foundation, using low contact, learning to weave and handler skills. Learning to sequence 6-8 obstacles, introducing the tyre, long jump collapsible tunnel.
Monday nights 6.00pm. Working on 15 obstacle courses. Continuing work on weaving, contacts, jumping skills. Learning skills needed to compete.
Monday 7.00pm. Working on more difficult exercises as the dog gains confidence. Introducing the seesaw, wing jumps, tunnel under contacts.
Wednesdays 6.00pm. More advanced class, working on skills needed to compete.
What to bring to classes:
1. Yummy bite sized treats - cheese, Possyum, luncheon sausage, are all good.
2. A tug toy or a toy the dog loves - just used for Agility training!
3. Suitable leash and collar - no choke chains or retractable leads.
4. Poo bags for cleaning up after your dog.